Many employers require drug testing as part of their pre-employment assessment process, and may include periodic random drug testing and for-cause and post-accident drug and alcohol testing as part of their company’s workplace substance abuse polices.
Drug and alcohol use by employees result in:
- Risk, safety and liability issues
- Loss of production
- Higher absenteeism and consistent tardiness
- Increased worker’s compensation costs and claims
- Increased incidences of theft, embezzlement and other crime
- Higher employee turnover
- Employee behavior issues that affect a company’s morale, culture and image.